US Presidential Elections

US Presidential Race

Gauging the market’s predictions for the US presidential election in four charts

SINGAPORE (Nov 8): The US presidential election have many experts and bookmakers throwing out different percentages, odds and polls about a Clinton or a Trump win, but who is the market predicting

Clinton's October surprise turns into November dud, but damage is done

US Presidential Race

Clinton's October surprise turns into November dud, but damage is done

WASHINGTON / COLUMBUS (Nov 7): It was an extraordinary case of an October surprise morphing into a November dud, but the damage to Hillary Clinton had already been done.

US Presidential election disrupts another market maxim as stocks drop into vote

US Presidential election disrupts another market maxim as stocks drop into vote

NEW YORK (Nov 4): The 2016 election has confounded pundits, upended precedent and now it’s spurring unusual patterns in the US equity market.

3 uncertainties that could derail stock markets

SINGAPORE (Nov 1): Stock markets will be facing a bumpy ride in the next couple of weeks, says DBS Group Research.

US Presidential Race

Here’s why Clinton’s lead is good for the US economy

SINGAPORE (Oct 18): Polls are now showing Hillary Clinton extending her lead over her opponent Donald Trump, with prediction markets indicating that Clinton has an 83% probability of winning the pr

US Presidential Race

What happens if neither candidate wins?

SINGAPORE (Oct 5): Following the Sept 26 debate, Hillary Clinton inched ahead of Donald Trump by 1.5 percentage points in the national polls, widening her lead to 3.8 percentage points.

Risks rising as Trump narrows gap in US presidential race

SINGAPORE (Sept 19): Citi Research has cut the possibility of a Hillary Clinton victory in the US presidential elections from 65% to 60%, with a 40% probability of a win for Donald Trump.

Clinton or Trump win, here are the risks each will bring

SINGAPORE (Aug 17): Citi Research has forecast a 65% probability of a Hillary Clinton presidency in the US, and a non-negligible 35% probability of a Donald Trump presidency, with the research hous

  •  

Be informed of the stories that matter

×