Breadtalk Group

BreadTalk seen less appetising after a weak 3Q; RHB slashes earnings estimates
SINGAPORE (Nov 7): RHB Research is maintaining its “sell” call on BreadTalk Group with a lower target price of 75 cents from $1 previously, after cutting FY18-20 forward earnings estimates by about 30% per annum to factor in the gestation of new businesses as well as higher interest costs. The research house has also lowered its target EV/EBITDA for BreadTalk’s core business to 5.5 times ...
BreadTalk's 3Q earnings fall 41.7% to $2.1 mil on higher expenses
SINGAPORE (Nov 5): BreadTalk Group posted earnings of $2.1 million for the 3Q ended Sept, 41.7% lower compared to its earnings of $3.7 million a year ago on the back of higher expenses.  The lower y-o-y profit was mainly attributed to one-off costs associated with the group’s opening of its Din Tai Fung business in London and other businesses, as well as certain underperforming segments ...
BreadTalk partners Wu Pao Chun for expansion into Singapore and Hong Kong
SINGAPORE (Sept 10): BreadTalk Group announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Together Inc, has today entered into a 80:20 joint venture (JV) with Wu Pao Chun Food (WPC) to operate the Wu Pao Chun brand of Bakeries in Singapore and Hong Kong. The first Wu Pao Chun bakery in Singapore is slated to open in Capitol Piazza in 2019. To recap, the group’s indirect wholly-owned subsidiary, ...
BreadTalk opens first TaiGai tea beverage store in NEX Serangoon
SINGAPORE (Sept 5): BreadTalk is today opening its first TaiGai flagship store in NEX Serangoon shopping mall. TaiGai originated from Shenzhen and became the first brand to popularise the tea beverages with fruit-blended milk cheese crowns. The brand now has more than 60 stores across China. To recap, the group’s wholly-owned subsidiary Together Inc earlier in May entered into a joint ...
BreadTalk posts 10.5% increase in 2Q earnings to $2.44 mil on higher interest income
SINGAPORE (Aug 1): BreadTalk today announced that its 2Q18 earnings have increased by 10.5% to $2.44 million from $2.20 million in 2Q17 on higher interest income. In a media release issued on Wednesday, the group also attributed its increase in earnings to its effective cost management and diversity of brand portfolio. This brings 1H18 earnings to $3.62 million, 72.2% lower than $13.0 ...
BreadTalk-Pindao Venture partners Song Fa for high growth in Shenzhen and Guangzhou
SINGAPORE (July 2): BreadTalk says that BTG-Pindao Venture has entered into a joint venture (JV) agreement with Song Fa to incorporate BTG-Song Fa-Pindao Venture. To recap, the BTG-Pindao Venture is a joint venture between Together Inc, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the group, and Shenzhen Pindao Food & Beverage Management, which was established to operate and manage the popular tea ...
BreadTalk brings F&B delights from all around the world
SINGAPORE (June 25): BreadTalk Group has several business expansion plans coming up, which has caught the attention of CGS-CIMB Securities. Earlier in May, the group entered into a joint venture (JV) with Shenzhen Pindao to bring tea beverages brands Nayuki and Tai Gai to Singapore and Thailand, with a right of first refusal to operate in Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines. See: ...
BreadTalk in JV to bring new tea beverages and cafes to Singapore and Thailand
SINGAPORE (May 21): BreadTalk Group is bringing new tea beverages to Singapore to excite the tastebuds of local consumers. Wholly-owned subsidiary Together Inc has entered into a joint venture agreement with Shenzhen Pindao Food & Beverage Management Co to incorporate BTG-Pindao Venture. Together Inc will hold a 90% stake of the JV, with Pindao holding the remaining 10%. Under the ...
BreadTalk's growth to be driven by margin expansion even with rising interest costs, says DBS
SINGAPORE (May 9): DBS Vickers Securities is maintaining its “buy” call on BreadTalk Group while lower its target price on the counter from $2.05 to $1.98 after factoring in higher interest costs from increased borrowings due to the group’s ongoing business expansion. This is because BreadTalk is planning to build a larger central kitchen in Shanghai to cater to its future China ...
BreadTalk's 1Q earnings fall 89.1% to $1.2 mil on absence of one-off gain
SINGAPORE (May 3): BreadTalk reported 1Q18 earnings to $1.18 million, down 89.1% from $10.8 million in 1Q17. The drop in earnings was due to the recognition of a one-off gain of $9.3 million from the divestment of the group’s investment in TripleOne Somerset in 1Q17. During the quarter, the group brought forward the early closure of eight Bakery outlets in China and one Food Atrium outlet ...