SIA Engineering divests 20% stake in Jamco joint venture for $4 mil

SIA Engineering divests 20% stake in Jamco joint venture for $4 mil

By: 
Michelle Zhu
30/01/19, 08:04 am

SINGAPORE (Jan 30): SIA Engineering Company (SIA EC) has sold its entire 20% stake in Jamco Singapore, to the latter’s majority owner Jamco Corporation for $3.97 million in cash, representing a 43% premium to net value.

Based on the JV’s audited financial statement for FY18, the net asset value of shares disposed of by SIA EC is $2.77 million.

Jamco Singapore was a 20:75:5 joint venture between SIA EC, Jamco and Itochu Corporation. It is based in Singapore and manufactures aircraft galleys, seats and cabin parts.

Post the completion of the sale, Jamco now owns 95% of the JV with Itochu Corporation continuing to hold the remaining 5%, with Jamco Singapore ceasing to be an associated company of SIA EC.

SIA EC says in a Tuesday filing that the transaction comes as part of its restructuring initiatives to focus on core competencies as it reviews its portfolio of JVs for consolidation and growth.

The group does not expect the transaction to have a material impact on its net tangible assets (NTA) per share for the current financial year.

Shares in SIA EC closed flat at $2.50 on Tuesday. 

Lendlease a step closer to listing of mall REIT on SGX: reports

SINGAPORE (May 23): Australia’s Lendlease could potentially be the next REIT to list in Singapore, following the footsteps of two recent US REITs. According to The Australian, Lendlease has appointed investment banks Citigroup and DBS to handle the listing. The Singapore trust, to be named Lendlease Global Commercial REIT, could be seeded with shopping centre assets worth A$1 billion ($948 million). Listed on the Australia stock exchange (ASX), Lendlease is a integrated construction, engineering and property company. Singaporeans may also be familiar with Lendlease given the comp....
Read More >>

China defence minister to attend summit amid rising US tension

(May 22): Chinese Defence Minister Wei Fenghe will address top diplomats at an upcoming summit in Singapore in a speech that could be pivotal amid rising tensions between the US and China. The International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) announced the late addition Monday to a roster of ranking officials that includes US Acting Secretary of Defence Patrick Shanahan attending the three-day IISS Shangri-La Dialogue from May 31. Wei is scheduled to deliver a speech on China’s place in the Indo-Pacific region on the final day of the conference and will take questions afterwards, wh....
Read More >>

SingHaiyi reports 48% rise in 4Q earnings to $9.7 mil on higher margins from US development

SINGAPORE (May 22): Property developer SingHaiyi Group reported a 47.6% rise in 4Q19 earnings to $9.7 million from a year ago, bringing FY19 earnings to $22.6 million, 20.3% lower than a year ago. 4Q19 revenue declined 67.6% to $9.8 million from a year ago mainly due to the decrease in revenue recognised for the group’s completed Executive Condominium project, The Vales, and the group’s completed private condominium, City Suites. The lower topline was partially offset by the sales of the group’s completed commercial condominium project in the United States – Vietnam Town Phase II....
Read More >>