SINGAPORE (July 30): Scoring reservations at dining establishments with unobstructed views of the fireworks on National Day can be an impossible feat, especially if you leave it to the very last moment. But it is still not too late to bag a National Day Seafood Buffet for two on the evening of Aug 9 — with compliments from Options.
The Clifford Pier is well known for offering among the best views of the fireworks display, given its proximity to the Marina Bay Floating Platform, where all the National Day Parade action will be taking place. The buffet spread will feature some of Singapore’s very best local flavours, thanks to the restaurant’s collaboration with New Ubin Seafood, a Michelin bib gourmand winner that has delighted generations of Singaporeans with its delicious seafood offerings and tze char-style dishes.
The Pier Hokkien Mee by Pang (far right in trishaw, pictured with Ong) will be served only in August
The two chefs — Pang Seng Meng of New Ubin Seafood and The Fullerton Bay Hotel’s executive sous chef Zacharie Ong — will put their own spin on local delights such as Egg Foie Gras, Angus Beef with Heart Attack Fried Rice, as well as the exclusive The Pier Hokkien Mee, a dish that Pang has recreated from his memories of dining at The Clifford Pier as a young boy. These will also be served as part of the restaurant’s set lunch, set dinner and à la carte menus from Aug 1 to 31.
In tandem with the fireworks shows due to unfold progressively every weekend from now till Aug 9, dining establishments at The Fullerton Hotel Singapore will have their own unique offerings of gastronomic and visual experiences as well:
- The Lighthouse Restaurant and Rooftop Bar is offering two glasses of selected beverages with a cover charge of $53 nett per person every Saturday evening till Aug 9 from 7pm till late, as well as a five-course dinner ($220++ per person) on National Day itself;
- Every Saturday till Aug 9 from 3pm till late, delight in the Singapore Finger Food Platter ($16++) at Post Bar, where guests can also watch the display of fireworks and aerial salute from the adjoining al fresco East Garden over cocktails specially created to theme; and
- Catch the live screening of the parade on large flatscreen TVs at Town Restaurant as you enjoy its Heritage Buffet ($53++ per adult and $28++ per child) from 6.30pm to 10.30pm on Aug 9. Highlights of the buffet include a fresh selection of sashimi and herb-roasted US prime rib.
Win a National Day Seafood Buffet dinner for two (worth $250++) on Aug 9 at The Clifford Pier
1. Follow our Instagram page, @readtheedge
2. ‘Like’ our National Day Giveaway post published on July 25
3. Tag a friend in the comments section of the post
*Dinner is from 6.30pm to 10.30pm, and is inclusive of access to the al fresco deck for a view of the fireworks and state flag flypast **The contest runs from July 25 to Aug 3. Winners will be announced and contacted via Instagram at 6pm on Aug 3.
This article appeared in Issue 841 (July 30) of The Edge Singapore.