Continue reading this on our app for a better experience

Open in App
Home News Property

Far East Hospitality unveils maiden hotel in Japan

Benjamin Cher
Benjamin Cher • 3 min read
Far East Hospitality unveils maiden hotel in Japan
SINGAPORE (Sept 5): Far East Hospitality is expanding its footprint in Asia with its first property in Japan.
Font Resizer
Share to Whatsapp
Share to Facebook
Share to LinkedIn
Scroll to top
Follow us on Facebook and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.

SINGAPORE (Sept 5): Far East Hospitality is expanding its footprint in Asia with its first property in Japan.

Named Village Hotel Ariake Tokyo, it will also be the first Village brand hotel to open outside of Singapore.

The 306-key hotel, owned under a 50-50 joint venture with Far East Organisation, is located in the Ariake district, Koto City, Tokyo, Japan.

Set to open in 2Q20, the hotel is targeting local business community and leisure markets.

“Japan’s hotel industry is seeing a steady growth in demand, specifically from the mid-tier market in neighbouring countries,” says Arthur Kiong, CEO of Far East Hospitality.

“Ahead of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, we see this regional expansion as an opportunity to raise brand exposure in this major international gateway city,” he adds.

Far East Hospitality on Thursday also announced the names of the two new hotels it is managing in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.

The group in April signed a hotel management agreement with Five Elements Development to manage the two boutique hotels.

Under the agreement, the hotels will be named Hotel Rêve and Suzu Hotel.

Hotel Rêve is a 56-key property that is inspired by Le Cong Kieu Street – the oldest art and antique street in Vietnam.

Suzu Hotel is a 30-key hotel located in Vietnam’s Japan Town, and takes its name from the Japanese Suzu bell, which is traditionally believed to attract good fortune.

Both hotels are expected to open in the first half of 2020 and will target affluent and adventurous travellers from the key markets of China, Australia and the US.

Back in Singapore, Far East Hospitality is also launching a third hotel in Sentosa, The Barracks Hotel Sentosa.

Housed in a military outpost from 1904, the property had 40 colonial-style rooms and is slated to open by the end of 2019.

This comes hot on the heels of Far East Hospitality’s launch of two hotels in Sentosa – Village Hotel Sentosa and The Outpost Hotel Sentosa – in April this year.

The group says occupancies for both hotels have been increasing, with 80% of room bookings coming from international markets and Singaporeans making up the remaining 20%.

It adds that bookings from international markets – of which China and Australia currently take up a significant share – are expected to continue to grow in the coming months.

Looking ahead, the company is also launching a new 324-room hotel called The Clan Hotel, which will cater to affluent and tech-savvy business travellers.

Read also:

×
Loading next article...
The Edge Singapore
Download The Edge Singapore App
Google playApple store play
Keep updated
Follow our social media
© 2024 The Edge Publishing Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.