Nordic Group to make 23.8 cents per share offer for Starburst Holdings

The Edge Singapore
The Edge Singapore 11/10/2021 10:54 PM GMT+08  • 2 min read
Nordic Group to make 23.8 cents per share offer for Starburst Holdings
Starburst's controlling shareholders Lim and Yap have given their irrevocable undertaking to sell their shares
Font Resizer
Share to WhatsappShare to FacebookShare to LinkedInMore Share
Scroll to top
Follow us on Facebook and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.

Nordic Group plans to make a 23.8 cents per share all-cash offer for Starburst Holdings, which values the target company at around $59.1 million.

The offer price is a premium of 5.78% over the latter’s last traded price of 22.5 cents.

Both companies are listed on the SGX. Nordic Group is a holding company with subsidiaries ranging from systems integration to maintenance, repair and other engineering services.

Starburst, on the other hand, specialises in the design, building and maintenance of shooting ranges.

As at June 30, Starburst’s net asset value was 14.94 cents per share.

Nordic has already received irrevocable undertakings from Edward Lim and Yap Tin Foo to sell their shares.

See also: Manulife US REIT's manager confirms it is in discussions with Mirae Asset

Lim is Starburst’s chairman and Yap is the managing director. They hold 35.8% and 33.9% of the company, for a total 69.7%.

Nordic plans to fund the acquisition with internal resources and bank borrowings.

“The Nordic Group believes that the business and operations of the Starburst Group are a strategic fit and will provide synergistic benefits to the business and operations of the Nordic Group,” states the offer announcement by Phillip Securities, which is advising Nordic.

See also: Singapore Paincare Holdings acquires orthopaedic practice for $3.1 mil

The engineering competencies of both companies are complementary and “may be transferred and assimilated to build economies of scale and cost efficiencies and enhance overall productivity.”

Nordic can also tap on Starburst’s network of clients in southeast Asia and the Middle East.

“There is strong potential for cross-selling of the Nordic Group’s mechanical, electrical and instrumentation, insulation and scaffolding services to the clients of the Starburst Group,” adds Phillip Securities.

Depending on the level of acceptances, Starburst may be taken private.

Last August, Lim and Yap sold 3.2 million shares each at 39 cents to investors including ICH Capital and Eternal Glade Investments.

The share price subsequently hit as high as 42 cents in early November.

On Nov 15, the company disclosed that Lim, Yap and two other executives were interviewed by the CPIB on Nov 12.

As a result, the share price plunged by half and has largely maintained at that level since, even as it announced a slew of new contract wins in 2021.

Other than a Nov 23 announcement that Lim has surrendered his passport, no other updates on this matter have been provided by Starburst.

Loading next article...
The Edge Singapore
Download The Edge Singapore App
Google playApple store play
Keep updated
Follow our social media
Subscribe to The Edge Singapore
Get credible investing ideas from our in-depth stock analysis, interviews with key executives, corporate movements coverage and their impact on the market.
© 2022 The Edge Publishing Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.