Home News Deals, joint ventures & alliances

CapitaLand Investment partners Dutch investment manager APG to build dominant self-storage platform in Asia

Felicia Tan
Felicia Tan10/27/2022 03:53 PM GMT+08  • 4 min read
CapitaLand Investment partners Dutch investment manager APG to build dominant self-storage platform in Asia
Founded in 2007, Extra Space Asia is one of the region’s largest self-storage businesses with about 70 owned and leased facilities across six Asian gateway cities. Photo: CLI
Font Resizer
Share to WhatsappShare to FacebookShare to LinkedInMore Share
Scroll to top
Follow us on Facebook and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.

CapitaLand Investment (CLI) and APG Investments Asia have entered into a joint venture (JV) to establish a self-storage platform that’s focused on the Asian market.

APG Investments Asia is the investment manager for the largest pension provider in the Netherlands.

The partners will be committing an initial equity investment of $570 million to fund the acquisition of Extra Space Asia (ESA) and its expansion needs. The investment comes with an option to invest up to $1.14 billion in total. APG will be contributing 90% of the investment amount while CLI will come up with the remaining 10%.

×
Loading next article...
The Edge Singapore
Download The Edge Singapore App
Google playApple store play
Keep updated
Follow our social media
Subscribe to The Edge Singapore
Get credible investing ideas from our in-depth stock analysis, interviews with key executives, corporate movements coverage and their impact on the market.
© 2022 The Edge Publishing Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.