(June 5): Singapore is building up its vaccine manufacturing capacity in order to offer fill and finish contract manufacturing services to vaccine developers, Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said in published remarks delivered at a summit.
- The effort is aimed at helping companies ramp up production faster and assure them high standards of safety and quality in the manufacturing process, Lee said.
- The country is investing heavily in research and development on diagnostics, vaccines and therapeutics, he said.
- Singapore researchers have developed a range of serological and nucleic acid-based diagnostic tests, which have been deployed to over 20 countries.
- Researchers are also developing therapeutic monoclonal antibodies as well as a vaccine and have started clinical trials of various therapeutics, he added.
- Earlier, Singapore Focuses on Jobs in New $33 Billion Virus Relief (3)
Less than $9 per month
Unlimited access to latest and premium articles
3 Simultaneous logins across all devices
Bonus unlimited access to online articles and virtual newspaper on The Edge Malaysia (single login)