Continue reading this on our app for a better experience

Open in App
Home News Company in the news

Centurion JV company to refurbish Hong Kong building for student housing

Bryan Wu
Bryan Wu • 2 min read
Centurion JV company to refurbish Hong Kong building for student housing
The JV with LionRock Property will develop the building into student housing under Centurion’s “dwell” student living brand. Photo: Albert Chua / The Edge Singapore
Font Resizer
Share to Whatsapp
Share to Facebook
Share to LinkedIn
Scroll to top
Follow us on Facebook and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.

Centurion Overseas Investments COI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centurion Corporation OU8 -

, has established a joint venture (JV) with LionRock Property to invest in a student accommodation property in Hong Kong.

On April 5, the JV company, Centurion-Lionrock (HK), entered into a master lease agreement with Smart Enterprises Limited to lease a building in Hong Kong for five years. COI holds a 60% stake in the JV company, while the remaining 40% is held by LionRock.

The building will be refurbished and developed into student accommodations with a total capacity of 66 beds. The five-year term agreement also has options to renew for three years and a further two years.

The property will be operated under Centurion’s “dwell” student living brand and management platform, subject to a licence agreement to be entered into between COI and the JV company. 

The projected cost of the proposed refurbishment of the property and initial working capital is approximately HK$11.5 million ($2.0 million) and will be funded by a shareholder loan at an annual interest of 8% from COI.  

The building is expected to be completed and operational in September.

See also: MAS and CAD probing Seatrium under SFA over Operation Car Wash

The transactions are not expected to have any material impact on Centurion’s consolidated net tangible assets or earnings per share for the FY2024 ending Dec 31.

Shares in Centurion closed unchanged at 42.5 cents on April 9.

×
Loading next article...
The Edge Singapore
Download The Edge Singapore App
Google playApple store play
Keep updated
Follow our social media
© 2024 The Edge Publishing Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.