Koufu launches IPO at 63 cents per share to raise $74 mil

Koufu launches IPO at 63 cents per share to raise $74 mil

By: 
Stanislaus Jude Chan
12/07/18, 02:04 am

SINGAPORE (July 11): F&B operator Koufu Group has launched its initial public offering (IPO) at 63 cents a share to raise gross proceeds of $74.3 million with its proposed listing on the Mainboard of the Singapore Exchange (SGX).

The group is selling some 97 million offering shares -- comprising an international placement of 90.7 million shares and public offer of 6.3 million shares -- and 21 million cornerstone shares.

Cornerstone investors comprise Maxi-Harvest Group, One Hill Investments, and Qilin Asset Management.

Upon completion of the offering, Koufu's total number of issued and outstanding shares will be around 555.2 million shares, with a market capitalisation expected to be $349.8 million immediately upon listing.

In a filing to SGX on Wednesday, Koufu says the gross proceeds from the IPO will be used to fund capital expenditure for a proposed 20,000 sq m integrated facility in Woodlands Avenue 12, the refurbishment and renovation of new and existing F&B Outlets, and the expansion of Koufu’s business through joint ventures, strategic alliances, acquisitions or investment opportunities. 

See: F&B operator Koufu lodges preliminary prospectus for IPO on SGX Mainboard

Koufu’s outlet & mall management business segment spans a total of 47 food courts, 14 coffee shops, the Jurong West Hawker Centre and Market, and the Punggol Plaza commercial mall in Singapore. IT also manages a food court at Sands Cotai Central in Macau.

Under its F&B retail segment, Koufu operates 81 self-operated F&B stalls that are located within its food courts and coffee shops or within third party food courts, five F&B kiosks, 11 quick-service restaurants (QSR), and three full-service restaurants in Singapore. It also operates two F&B stalls and a F&B kiosk in Macau.

The group says it intends to use Singapore and Macau as springboards for expansion into overseas markets, which may potentially include China, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Australia.

“As a homegrown company, we are pleased to be able to offer this opportunity to Singaporean investors to participate in our resilient business, supported by an experienced management team with a proven track record,” says Pang Lim, Koufu’s executive chairman and chief executive officer.

“We are also heartened by the support and vote of confidence from our cornerstone investors as we continue to expand and strengthen our presence in Singapore and abroad,” he adds.

The offering will close at 12 noon on Monday, July 16, 2018.

The listing and trading of Koufu’s shares is expected to start on a “ready” basis at 9am on Wednesday, July 18.

$1,379 – that's how much an elderly person needs to survive in the world's most expensive city

SINGAPORE (May 22): Just how much does a single, elderly person aged over 65 years who lives alone in Singapore need to cover his basic needs? Some $1,379 a month, according to a team of researchers led by assistant professor Ng Kok Hoe of the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy (LKYSPP) at the National University of Singapore (NUS). If the name sounds familiar, it is because Dr Ng had in 2017 conducted the first count of Singapore’s homeless people. Singapore has shied away from defining a poverty line, or setting a minimum wage. But, for the first time, a group of researchers has....
Read More >>

3 key reasons for UOB's confidence in PropNex despite 1Q earnings miss

SINGAPORE (May 22): UOB Kay Hian is maintaining “buy” on PropNex while lowering its target price to 60 cents from 66 cents previously. The new target price is based on DCF and 2019F P/E of 10 times with reference to its closest listed competitor, APAC Realty, and comes after cutting net profit estimates by 11% to 15% for 2019-21F to reflect a shift in gross profit mix as well as higher staff cost assumptions. UOB’s downwards earnings revision follows the release of PropNex’s 1Q19 results, which fell short of expectations due to lower project marketing contributions as a result of....
Read More >>

6 protesters killed as Indonesia election rally turns violent

SINGAPORE (May 22): At least six people were killed and hundreds more injured in clashes between police and supporters of Indonesian presidential candidate Prabowo Subianto in the worst political violence to hit Jakarta in two decades. Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan appealed for public order and urged police to exercise restraint and avoid conflict with the protesters in the capital city. About 200 injured protesters have been admitted to various hospitals in Jakarta, Baswedan told reporters. The violence is the worst since to grip the city since the downfall of Suharto in 1998. Protest....
Read More >>