Home Capital Results

BRC Asia posts 75% drop in full-year earnings to $2.1 mil

Stanislaus Jude Chan
Stanislaus Jude Chan11/29/2017 06:19 PM GMT+08  • 1 min read
BRC Asia posts 75% drop in full-year earnings to $2.1 mil
SINGAPORE (Nov 29): Prefabricated steel reinforcement specialist BRC Asia saw its earnings tumble 75% to $2.1 million for the full year ended September, down from $8.3 million a year ago.
Font Resizer
Share to WhatsappShare to FacebookShare to LinkedInMore Share
Scroll to top
Follow us on Facebook and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.

SINGAPORE (Nov 29): Prefabricated steel reinforcement specialist BRC Asia saw its earnings tumble 75% to $2.1 million for the full year ended September, down from $8.3 million a year ago.

Revenue fell 10% to $311.6 million in FY17, from $346.8 million a year ago, despite higher selling prices. This was due to lower volume of steel delivered as a result of weaker construction demand.

Gross profit decreased 29% to $20.3 million in FY17, from $28.7 million a year ago, due to reduced sales volume and lower gross profit margin.

BRC Asia also incurred a loss of $1.4 million in FY17 from its share of results of an associate, Pristine Islands Investment.

As at end September, cash and cash equivalents stood at $24.0 million.

Looking ahead, the group says it expects a challenging and volatile market environment ahead.

Shares in BRC Asia has been suspended from trading after a takeover bid ended with the offeror controlling a 95.83% stake in the company, leaving the stock with a public float of just 4.17%, below the 10% minimum to be traded on the Singapore Exchange.

The counter last traded at 90 cents on Oct 27.

×
Loading next article...
The Edge Singapore
Download The Edge Singapore App
Google playApple store play
Keep updated
Follow our social media
Subscribe to The Edge Singapore
Get credible investing ideas from our in-depth stock analysis, interviews with key executives, corporate movements coverage and their impact on the market.
© 2022 The Edge Publishing Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.