Chan Heng Fai, executive chairman and group CEO of Alset International, has steadily increased his stake in the company in recent weeks.

The most recent acquisition was recorded on June 16 when he purchased 131,200 shares for $8,528 or 6.5 cents each. This increased his direct stake in the company to 293.4 million shares or 10.01%. Chan also has a deemed stake of another 2.22 billion shares or 75.78%. This gives him a total stake of just over 2.5 billion shares or 85.79%.

To be sure, Chan has acquired a total of more than 11 million shares since May 31. In fact, Chan had made purchases on June 10, June 14 and on June 15 when he acquired one million shares for $66,000 or 6.6 cents each.

To continue reading,

Sign in to access this Premium article.

Subscription entitlements:

Less than $9 per month
3 Simultaneous logins across all devices
Unlimited access to latest and premium articles
Bonus unlimited access to online articles and virtual newspaper on The Edge Malaysia (single login)

Related Stories

Stay updated with Singapore corporate news stories for FREE

Follow our Telegram | Facebook