The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic outbreak still poses some headwind risk on top of the low-interest rate environment.

Despite this, there are still opportunities that investors could leverage in the fixed income space, particularly in Singapore-dollar denominated bonds, says Alvin Ong, Manulife Investment Management (MIM) director and portfolio manager of fixed income in Singapore.

Fixed-income assets, largely bonds, are an essential component of a balanced portfolio, with the rule of thumb that investors should hold 40% in fixed income for the steady returns and the remaining 60% in stocks for potential capital growth.

To continue reading,

Sign in to access this Premium article.

Subscription entitlements:

Less than $9 per month
3 Simultaneous logins across all devices
Unlimited access to latest and premium articles
Bonus unlimited access to online articles and virtual newspaper on The Edge Malaysia (single login)

Related Stories

Stay updated with Singapore corporate news stories for FREE

Follow our Telegram | Facebook