Jumbo Group recently acquired a 75% stake in famous wanton mee stall Kok Kee for $2.1 million from owner Leong Goh Lian. Kok Kee, founded in 1985, now sells its noodles in a coffee shop along Foch Road, where it draws a steady crowd.

Half of the acquisition consideration, or $1.05 million, will be paid out first. Of this, 70%, or $735,000, will be paid in cash while the other 30%, or $315,000, will be paid out in Jumbo shares of the same value to be determined at a later date. The other $1.05 million will be paid later upon satisfaction of terms of the deal.

Evidently, Leong is not the only person keen on having Jumbo shares. On Nov 30, Kuang Ming Investments, a private entity controlled by the Ng family of Far East Organization (FEO), acquired 124,000 Jumbo shares on the open market for $40,300, or 32.5 cents each.

To continue reading,

Sign in to access this Premium article.

Subscription entitlements:

Less than $9 per month
3 Simultaneous logins across all devices
Unlimited access to latest and premium articles
Bonus unlimited access to online articles and virtual newspaper on The Edge Malaysia (single login)

Related Stories

Stay updated with Singapore corporate news stories for FREE

Follow our Telegram | Facebook