SINGAPORE (May 21): BreadTalk Group is bringing new tea beverages to Singapore to excite the tastebuds of local consumers.

Wholly-owned subsidiary Together Inc has entered into a joint venture agreement with Shenzhen Pindao Food & Beverage Management Co to incorporate BTG-Pindao Venture.

Together Inc will hold a 90% stake of the JV, with Pindao holding the remaining 10%.

Under the agreement, BTG-Pindao will operate tea beverage brands Nayuki and Tai Gai in Singapore and Thailand, with the right of first refusal to operate in Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines.

Pindao is the parent company of four brands, namely Nayuki, Tai Gai, Li Shan and 27Fruits. Tai Gai and Nayuki opened in China in 2015.

Tai Gai is famous for signature brews like Sun Moon Lake Red Tea, Durian Jasmine Green Tea, and Cheesy Pu Er Tea. Its first store outside China is slated to be launched in 4Q18.

Nayuki will introduce a new café concept where premium tea is served with artisanal breads such as Filled Cherry, Nesno Baby Bear, Super Durian, and Cheese Tricolor Potato.

The brand is still looking for a prime location in Central Singapore to set up shop.

Shares in BreadTalk closed 1 cent lower at 92 cents on Monday.