Ascott Residence Trust started at 'buy' by Phillip on income stability, inorganic growth

Ascott Residence Trust started at 'buy' by Phillip on income stability, inorganic growth

By: 
PC Lee
09/04/19, 10:31 am

SINGAPORE (Apr 9): Phillip Securities has started Ascott Residence Trust (ART) at ‘buy’ with $1.36 target as the REIT offers income stability and inorganic growth.

ART is an owner-operator of serviced residences with 79 properties totalling 11,430 keys spanning 14 countries.

About 85% of gross profit comes from eight key markets of United States, Japan, UK, France, Vietnam, Singapore, China and Australia.

ART’s serviced residences outside the US are managed under three core brands – Ascott, Citadines and Somerset.

Ascott Limited, ART’s sponsor, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CapitaLand which has a market cap of $15.3 billion.

Among its investment merits, Phillip analyst Natalie Ong says 41% of ART’s gross profit is stable as this is derived from master leases and management contracts with minimum guaranteed income while the remaining 59% is derived from management contracts.

Meanwhile, 70% of the room stock is for long-term stays and the remaining 30% for higher-yielding short-term stays.

Sponsor, Ascott Limited, has grown at a CAGR of 36.5% over the past three years to 100,000 keys over 172 cities across 33 countries as at Jan 21. Ascott Limited is targeting 160,000 keys by 2023.

Currently, ART has a right-of-first-refusal (ROFR) pipeline of 20 properties.

Following the divestment of Ascott Raffles Place, ART’s gearing is expected to fall to 30.6% from 36.7%.

Given ART’s significant asset base of $5.3 billion, this gives it a debt headroom of $880 million assuming 45% gearing.

In addition, with 70% of room stock used for long-term stays, there is less wear and tear in comparison with hotels which have more frequent turnovers.

Also, serviced residences only offer limited services, which translates into lower capex and manpower requirements.

As at 10.20am, units in ART are trading 1 cent higher at $1.19 or 0.82 times FY20E NAV.

 

Boustead Projects records 2% dip in 4Q earnings to $5.7 mil despite revenue surge

SINGAPORE (May 23): Real estate solutions specialist Boustead Projects posted a 2% drop in earnings to $5.7 million for the 4Q19 ended March, compared to restated earnings of $5.8 million for 4Q18. This brings full year earnings for FY19 to $30.6 million, some 5% higher than earnings of $29.2 million a year ago. The group recorded earnings per share (EPS) of 1.8 cents for 4Q19, the same as a year ago. For FY19, EPS rose to 9.8 cents, compared to 9.1 cents for FY18. The decline in 4Q earnings was mainly due to lower gross margins in design-and-build projects and depreciation incurred o....
Read More >>

Sunpower wins $8.7 mil contract from repeat customer

SINGAPORE (May 23): Sunpower Group, the environmental protection solutions specialist, has signed a RMB43.56 million ($8.7 million) contract with repeat customer Zhejiang Petrochemical Co. Sunpower will provide high-efficiency heat exchangers for one of China’s largest domestic atmospheric and vacuum pressure units with an annual capacity of 10 million tons, which is part of Phase 2 of Zhejiang Petrochemical’s refinery and chemical integration project. The project is part of China’s 13th Five-Year National Petroleum and Chemical Plan. Sunpower started its partnership with Zhengj....
Read More >>

Sanli posts 28% drop in FY19 earnings to $2.2 mil on lower revenue; declares 0.25 cent final dividend

SINGAPORE (May 23): Environmental engineering company Sanli Environmental saw its full year earnings fall 27.7% to $2.2 million for the FY19 ended March, from $3.1 million a year ago. Earnings per share (EPS) fell to 0.83 cents for FY19, compared to 1.19 cents for FY18. FY19 revenue slipped 5.6% to $71.4 million, from $75.6 million a year ago. The decline was mainly attributed to the decrease in contribution from the group’s Operations and Maintenance segment, which saw turnover decrease by 30.6% due to increased competition. Gross profit dropped to $9.8 million for FY19, some 10....
Read More >>