Frasers Centrepoint Limited, Ascott Residence Trust, SATS, USP Group

Frasers Centrepoint Limited, Ascott Residence Trust, SATS, USP Group

By: 
PC Lee
17/04/17, 08:55 am

SINGAPORE (April 17): Here are some stocks that could move the market this Monday morning.

Frasers Property International, a subsidiary of Frasers Centrepoint Limited, is acquiring an 86.56% stake in Geneba Properties N.V. for $471.6 million. Following the acquisition, Frasers Property has also agreed to make an all-cash offer for the remaining 13.44% free-float interest in Geneba at an equivalent offer price of EUR 3.67 per depositary receipt.

See: Frasers Centrepoint to acquire European real estate company for $471.6 mil

Ascott Residence Trust, through subsidiary Zenith Residences Tokyo Tokutei Mokuteki Kaisha (Zenith TMK), is divesting its interests in 18 rental housing properties under Zenith TMK’s portfolio in Tokyo, Japan, for 12 billion yen ($153.6 million) to Nikko Zenith GK9. Units of ART closed 0.5% lower at $1.09 on Thursday.

See: Ascott Residence Trust to divest interests in Japan rental housing properties for $153.6 mil

SATS on Thursday launched its new eCommerce AirHub, a $21 million facility ranging 6,000 sq m co-funded by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS). Shares of SATS closed 2 cents lower at $4.81 on Thursday.

See: SATS launches $21 mil automated airside e-commerce mail sortation hub

USP Group had on April 7 received a letter from the solicitors representing one of the two requisitioning members. USP says the letter encloses a notice of Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) on May 8 2017 at 2.30 pm at Conference Room 2, TKP Conference Centre Raffles Place, 55 Market Street #03-01. Shares of USP closed 2 cents higher at 17 cents.

See: USP receives notice of May 8 EGM from lawyers of requisitioning members

Markets
Major US stock indexes fell on Thursday for a third straight day as investors weighed earnings reports from big US banks and geopolitical tensions, while the tech sector fell for a tenth consecutive session. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 138.61 points, or 0.67%, to 20,453.25, the S&P 500 lost 15.98 points, or 0.68%, to 2,328.95 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 31.01 points, or 0.53%, to 5,805.15.

Singapore stocks closed weaker on Thursday. The Straits Times Index closed 16.77 points or 0.53% lower at 3,169.24. Volume of shares traded was nearly 2.2 billion with a value of $996.3 million. Losers outnumber gainers 315 to 158.

CapitaLand Mall Trust upgraded to 'buy' by UOB on Jurong Lake District plans, Funan launch

SINGAPORE (May 27): CapitaLand Mall Trust will benefit from the development of Jurong Lake District (JLD) as it has three retail malls located within Jurong Gateway, says UOB KayHian. See: CapitaLand Mall Trust declares 3.6% higher DPU of 2.88 cents on higher income IMM Building, JCube and Westgate, which in total accounts for 20% of CMT’s portfolio valuation, are located within Jurong Gateway and adjacent to Jurong East MRT station. Meanwhile, Funan, which is about 90% pre-committed for retail space and 98% pre-committed for office space, is scheduled to open next month. See als....
Read More >>

Time to 'buy' MindChamps as growth initiatives bear fruit: RHB

SINGAPORE (May 27): RHB Research continues to keep MindChamps Preschool at “buy” at a lower target price of 83 cents compared to 87 cents previously, indicating a 26% upside plus 2.2% yield. The reduced target price comes after cutting FY19-20F earnings by 7% and 11%, respectively, upon management indications that adopting SFRS 16 has negatively impacted the group’s 1Q19 pre-tax profit by about $90 million or -15%. In a May 17 report, analyst Juliana Cai says she nonetheless remains positive on MindChamps as she expects the group to start reaping returns from its investments as its....
Read More >>

Ascendas-Singbridge establishes co-innovation lab with IMDA & Enterprise Singapore

SINGAPORE (May 27): Singapore’s smart nation ambitions have been further bolstered by a new partnership between Ascendas-Singbridge, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA) and Enterprise Singapore (ESG) to form the Smart Urban Co-Innovation Lab. All three parties are looking to have a total of 30 co-innovation projects come out from the lab, which is expected to be launched at the end of the year as the first developer-led lab in Southeast Asia. This announcement follows last year’s call for innovation led by IMDA, Ascendas and JTC. Ascendas has published 12 probl....
Read More >>